Valentine's Discussion
This was the conversation in my house on Valentine's night after Brooks read my Valentine's Day post."You have this all backwards."
"What backwards? What?"
"Smitten? I was smitten?"
"Yes, smitten. That's how I remember it."
"You make me look like a schmuck (okay I really don't remember what word he used here, but schmuck I am sure is the message he was trying to convey)."
"No, I didn't."
"You make me look like a schmuck."
"No, you look like a guy who went after something you wanted. A nice guy."
Roll eyes.
Wicked Grin. "You love me!"
Bless him. He is a strong man who has to put up with my crazy ways. He is anything but a schmuck.
It's hot in here. . or not.
We don't have heat downstairs, again for the 3rd time this winter, because the pilot light keeps going out. It's not too bad. Rather be cold than hot.I think you burn calories when you are cold in an attempt to produce body heat. At least that's what I tell myself while eating from the overly large bag of M&Ms.
Poor Brooks has to climb back under the house.
But no hurry. . .I'm burning calories! And the kids are running around without socks on and t-shirts, so obviously it doesn't bother them. And truth be told the thermostat says it's 63 degrees. . .it's maybe not as cold in reality as it is in my head.

No comments:
Post a Comment