Monday, February 11, 2013

Baby on the Way!

Saturday was exciting! We spent the day celebrating one of my best friend's bundle of joy who is set to make their debut on April Fools Day!



Lots of family and friends came together at my house to celebrate Colin (that's one L).

Baby wipes and diapers and onsies and socks and bottles and diaper bags and bouncy seats and Sock Monkeys were everywhere!



I would like to thank my mother, sister, mother's mother, and all others who have passed down china, crystal and silver pieces including all those who blessed us with these as wedding presents. I put potato chips in a crystal bowl. It was fun.

I love to use the "good stuff" and really have a reason, not just because I like to force my family to eat off the crystal because we have it and we are going to use it. We have dinner parties at my house all the time. They're called dinner.

My favorite, which I showed everyone I could and even moved food on Kristi's plate to show her, is the spot on the plates which holds your cup! You can hold your plate and cup perfectly balanced in one hand gracefully!!! I LOVE IT!

Kelley, look! 
I removed the tag on this one to use it!


I was a bit confused (nothing shocking, I know) but I had the windows and door open with the fan on. . . in February.


I had my fresh cut flowers next to my snowmen decorations.


It was hot.

And February.

The upper east coast was hit with a record breaking snow storm Friday night. Here in the lower part of the east coast, it was 62 degrees and sunny.

Most, when surrounded by baby clothes and diaper bags, have their motherly instinct to reproduce pop-up and the crave to have a baby is overwhelming. That did not happen on Saturday.

Nope, I took one look at all the baby stuff and said out loud, not just to myself, how excited I am not to have to go through this stage again. I love my "babies" to the ends of the earth and beyond, but I don't miss the baby stage.


The I can't do anything for myself, you must carry me everywhere, wake up in the middle of the night often,  wipe my butt stage.

Nope, I would like to have more kids, but I would like them to be 3 or 4. . preferably potty trained and old enough to go to school. I love the ages of 3 to 7 (Don't know about after 7, haven't gotten there yet. I'll let you know.) I would love more kids. I love kids.



Brooks isn't exactly sold on the idea.

Maybe he will buy me a goat instead.

P.S. Thanks to Alice and Megan and Jennifer's Aunt for all your help. Alice, the food was wonderful and Megan you made some AWESOME sandwiches.  And to my mother for her "behind the scenes" help and letting me use all the "good stuff". I can't do anything without my mother.

2 comments:

  1. I makes me SO happy to see my stuff being used! It's beautiful! How did Addyson's hair get so wavy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember those U shaped plastic things that you place another piece of fold over plastic thing on. I used to put my hair in them growing up. . .those. Those exact ones.

    ReplyDelete