Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 1

February 1st, I began my journey to fitting into a bridesmaids dress (and better health).


<---This is the dress. 
More to come about the wedding. 
This is a stock photo and I share no ownership of this picture.
I do not know who this is. 
She's standing funny.
I should stand like this at the wedding!





Not Alone



I began this journey with two friends, Andrea and Jodie.

We all had on zip up jackets. 
We are cool. 

They had showered after working out for our picture. 
I had not.  

Next picture will be an action photo!

It all kicked off with a dance party in the office Jodie and I share, because nothing says bring on fitness like a dance party.

Andrea was kind enough to spend the day as though our lives were a musical and sing every opportunity she had. I thoroughly enjoyed this as it gave me a chance to dance to actual music and not just the voices in my head.  She sang everything from Michael Bolton to Grease to Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot. You can always rely on Andrea to bring a song to any conversation. Thank you Andrea. We appreciate you.

(Side note: If I could be anything and not have to worry about my arms falling off, I would be a background dancer.)

Jodie apparently keeps portable speakers in her drawer. Who knew??

I work in an office with 3 walls of glass. You are welcome for the AMAZING show of incredible dance moves I provided to all those near and unable to avoid the view.

I exercised because:
  1. I should.
  2. It's good for me.
  3. I have a bridesmaid's dress I am WAY to cheep to alter and I do not want to wear Spanx because then I wont be able to breathe, or eat, but most importantly is how am I suppose to show off all my awesome dance moves at the reception while wearing Spanx? Answer me that! I owe it to the bride to bring my best dance moves. The sprinkler and pencil sharpener are very difficult to perform when wearing Spanx. 
  4. I feel more legit when I actually work out and not just wear the clothes.
  5. My sister gave me awesome pink shoes.
  6. I love yoga pants and yoga pants are made of spandex and spandex + flab = Not Cool, Man. Not. Cool.
  7. Jodie said I had too and she is scary and could take me.

I love pink shoes!

So I began on February 1st, because every journey must have a first. This was my first.

**Oh, I ate fried chicken for dinner the same day. I think I just undid everything I did good. I didn't want to be too successful on day one.

 On to day two!

5 comments:

  1. 1. Aren't the pink shoes awesome?

    2. I love that bridesmaids dress. You will look fabulous in it.

    3. I need an action plan too. We just booked vacation at a beach in Thailand for this summer. Woohoo!!

    4. Can you take the word verification off the comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Yes they are awesome.
    2. Thank you!
    3. Start with Day 1, that's a good place to start and I want to come!
    4. Let me see, I am still new to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the model in the dress has scoliosis. (I'm no doctor but I have Google...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Kelley said, you're going to look AMAZING in the dress!!! And I can't wait to experience the pencil sharpener and the sprinkler at the wedding. Just for me, I would like you to also throw in the shopping cart and maybe a little lawn mower. Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the single strangest wedding registry I have ever seen. Sprinkler? Lawn mower? You registered at Tractor Supply Center?

    ReplyDelete