Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Girl Named Gordon

For the past three plus years our family has been blessed with a Godly, unique, everything-I'm-not, coffee drinking, inspiring, cloudy-day-loving Gordon.

Gordon came into our lives about three years ago (or more, I'm not really sure) 
and we have been forever changed.


We knew her when she was a single lady. 
When she met her dream man.
When she was an engaged woman.
We watched her walk down the aisle. 


We watched her rejoice.
We watched her grieve.
We look forward to continuing watch Mrs. Gordon as she continues to inspire others. 

But this week our lives have taken new paths and unfortunately we will not see Mrs. Gordon as regularly as we do now.

Our family is sad and happy all at the sad time.

Sad as we will miss her.

Happy remembering all of the wonderful things she brought to our lives.


Perfect for our family.


Gordon is artistic. 
Mommy doesn't even play with play dough because it's too close to art.

Gordon does nails and hair. 
Mommy wears a pony tail every single day of the week.


Gordon plays classical piano. 
Mommy played in a piano recital once with one hand because the other was in a cast past the elbow. 

Gordon loves the cold and rain.
Mommy loves the sun and warmth.

Gordon is patient. 
Mommy is not.

Gordon buys Icees for the kids.
Mommy buys Icees for Mommy. 


Gordon filled the gaps where Mommy was not strong. 


Gordon has cared for our children as they have grown. 


She learned ways to work with Brody and brought great insight from her own experiences. 


She watched Sadie develop from a child in a silent world to one overwhelmed with noise. 

She is not satisfied with just being 
but encourages our children to be the best and try harder.

She was willing to learn sign language and ABA therapy.

She was with me when we discovered "The Great Flood" of Halloween 2011.

She prayed for our family through some of our toughest adventures.

Forever Grateful

We have never been able to pay Gordon what she truly deserves or reward her for the incredible impact she has had on our lives, and yet she still loved us unconditionally.

The Very Beginning

My favorite story of Gordon was how she came to us.

We were searching for a new 'nanny' as our previous one had a child and was moving out of the area.

We put the word out that we were looking for someone. My parents told their Sunday school class where someone told their neighbor who happen to know Gordon. I think.

They gave me Gordon's name and number, and my first thought was "Humm, is this a girl or a boy. Is it pronounced Gordon or Jordan?"

(Said inside my head) Oh no! What do I say when I call??

Thankfully I called and got her voice mail. All questions were answered. Gordon is a Girl and she pronounces it like it is spelled G-or-don.

I don't think I ever told her that story. Now I have.

We love Gordon. 

You will never be out of our lives and you could never leave our hearts.

God Bless a Girl Named Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment