Saturday, October 12, 2013

With every Flood comes a Rainbow

When we bought our 30 year old house, we knew there were somethings which needed updating. . .we would never have dreamed that our insurance would have to pay for it and do ALL of it during the holidays. . .with three small children.

So, not great timing, but great results!

One of the things I love most about my husband is his good looks. Another thing I love is his ability to make and build anything he wants with his hands.

You would think he would want to high five with those awesome hands more often, but I'm here to tell you, he doesn't. But don't worry I have a master plan. By the time he's 86, he's going to be high five-n like it's going out of style. He just doesn't know it yet.

So back to my rainbow.

After over two weeks of drying out the house. We were ready for construction.


The wind tunnel. 


If you stood outside our house, it sounded like jets taking off inside.

So there once was this wall . . .


which I for some moment of craziness painted orange. . .


that I wanted removed.


and not just because it was an ugly orange. . .


It became rainbow #1!


This is apparently a load bearing wall.


No problem.

PS. The kids slept upstairs directly above this wall during the entire construction/demolition.


See, I don't need that wall!
Rainbow.

And yes, we lived here during the weeks of construction in the plastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment