I would like to enter exhibit one into evidence: The Great Flood.
Halloween 2010
We are quickly approaching our 2 year anniversary of what I like to refer to as The Great Flood.
You know there was the real great flood with Noah and God being angry and saving a pair of every animal, but this was our Great Flood.
Our Halloween began like any other, we got up. . .I put on a costume because I have an amazing job where we are very serious about our costumes, took Brody to school and the girls and I headed off to the club.
![]() |
| I'm not in this picture in case you were wondering. |
Each day we had to leave to meet Mrs. Gordon (there is a post about her) around lunch time. Little did we know this was the beginning of our year long journey to come.
I entered the house first and made a quick turn into our kitchen. . .and then stopped. . .stopped breathing. . .began breathing. . .then thought. . .
I'm standing in water.
There is water on my head.
There is water over ther. . .ahhh. . .wa. . .GORDAN! Don't come in the house.
In fact there was water everywhere. I realized water was coming from upstairs so I quickly rushed up stairs to find the water source.
TA-DA!
Apparently, we taking brushing our teeth very seriously but I take being on time EXTREMELY seriously. I really can't stand to be late.
Side note. One of my favorite sayings: Early is on time. On time is late. Late you might as well not show up.
So what had happened was (please read with attitude), my wonderful middle child was brushing her teeth when she felt she needed to quickly come to the car as it was time to leave. This time though, she didn't turn the water off. . .and it ran for around 5 to 5 1/2 hours. . .non-stop. . .full force.
I called Brooks and told him to sit down. . .I had something to tell him.
Thankfully we have an incredible insurance company and they helped with all the repairs.
Two hours later. . .water still dripping to downstairs.
Who puts carpet in a kids bathroom?????
And as for the toilet paper. . .all I have to say is I have three kids. . .no more questions please.
If you look past all the crap on my counter you can see the water. . .it's the shinny part.
Back counter. . .water came out of the sockets. . .not the water bottle on the counter. See the streak in the upper right corner?
Good news! I got a new kitchen and Brooks got to wear his overalls. Stay tuned for more!






No comments:
Post a Comment