Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rougher than expected. . .must be getting older

So I know I have spoken to many of you and have offered an apology for the lack of blogging, but here is one more. I'm sorry. I must say, this "come back" from surgery has been rough. I must be getting older. . .or so they tell me.

But that doesn't mean the last few months haven't been fun. . .just very busy.

Since my surgery, we have celebrated the birthdays of Brooks, Brody, Sadie and myself. See busy. Very busy.

Sadie had a sleep over for her five year old birthday. Can you believe my girl is a whole hand???


She had her best friends come over for what I like to call the giggle fest.


Who needs sleep when you have barbies, movies about barbies, and sugar? Look Brooks is hiding in the background!


I love the age of five. . .it's full of wonder and innocence. . .barbies and dress-ups. . .hugs and laughter. . .they still believe you, but are beginning to really think on their own. . . life is still good.


This was Sadie's 2nd birthday as a hearing child and fifth birthday as my child. 
How blessed I am. 


Confession: I loved sleep overs as a kid and still love them now. 
I think I had as much fun as these little faces! 


For each birthday, we let our kids pick a present from Brooks and I or a date night, and all of our kids this year have chosen date night.

We start the evening with dinner of their choosing. We let them pick anywhere they want to go. We leave it open. They are still young and don't know the really good/expensive places. . .yet. I am sure we are going to have to modify the choices soon. . .or sooner as Sadie's choice was McDonald's.



Oh joy.

The date is a one-on-two, one child and both parents (that's me and Brooks) including dinner and a movie. With three kidos we very rarely get to spend time with just one kid, so these nights are super special to us too. Happy Belated birthday to my Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment