Thursday, October 17, 2013

Aunt Erin: 11 Times Over

I'm an aunt for the 11th time!


My nephew was born to my brother and his wife and I couldn't be happier! 
Yeah, they're pretty happy too.



I love babies!

Especially babies who I can give back when they cry or spit up or poop or my arm gets tired. I love babies!

When you look at a baby people will often ask you who you think the baby looks like, the mother or father. I don't mean to be rude when asked this question, but I think most of the time a baby looks like. . .well, a baby.

Did I mention I love babies!




For the record I have the best name as an aunt. . .Aunt Erin. . .say that five times once fast. I like to make my nieces and nephews say it. It makes me laugh. I may or may not have a weird sense of humor.

What's in a name?


Well, for my side of the family, this birth was the guarantee of the last name being passed down.

My Grandparents had THREE boys to carry on the family name. Of those THREE boys, there is only ONE boy grandson to carry the name. Now that ONE boy has a boy.


The name lives on!


NO sympathies!


I would like to state for the record, I hold no bitterness towards my sister-in-law who brought this amazing child into our lives, but rumor has it she did not feel ONE REAL contraction. Again, I love her, but her water broke and she had some back labor pains and then got an epidural. . .No want-to-punch-someone-in-the-face, why-did-you-do-this-to-me, I-can't-stand-up contractions.

No really, bless her, I would have wanted to do it the exact same way if I could!!

I love babies!

Especially this one, Mr. #11!

Oh and I love my nieces and nephews #1 through 10 too! They just aren't babies any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment