I am blessed.
Looking in from the outside with a worldly perspective, you may not understand why I feel I am blessed. I spend thousands of dollars a year in medical expenses, I don't travel vastly (I don't leave the state), was married young and had children young, have experienced my house being destroyed by a (internal) flood, survived unemployment gaps of time, and my arms fall off.
But I am.
I want for nothing. I am loved.
I have all my needs met and more.
I have the joy of laying down every night with my three children asleep, healthy down the hall. They love me continuously no matter how much I mess up (and I do often). They keep me humble and grounded.
On this mother's day here are a few things I have learned (and continue to learn) or I am constantly reminded of from my children:
| Brody as Christopher Columbus |
Child 1
Patience everyday, it's okay to slow down sometimes.
Have passion about things in life.
Invest interest in something and seek further understanding. . just because.
Always strive to be smarter, wiser -- never stop learning.
Child 2
Love with all your heart and without fear.
Dance like no one is watching, even when they are.
With enough attitude, you can wear anything you want and it be okay.
Love everyone, even those you have yet to meet.
Child 3
Smile and laugh; Laugh even if the jokes not funny; Life's always better when you're happy.
No challenge is too big.
Live freely
Boots go with everything.
All my children remind me everyday that I am loved. What could be a better feeling?
May God bless this house and family, for I know I am blessed.
My cup runneth over.
Oh and thanks to the husband who gave me these babies and helps keep me sane when they push me to insanity.
![]() |
| Brooks made this for me from the kids for mother's day. He is so talented!! I can't even draw a heart let alone cut one out of wood with tools! |



Wonderful, Erin. Love you! Uncle Tim
ReplyDelete