When he was very young, our lives revolved around trains. Thomas the Train to be exact. We have listen to countless hours of Thomas the Train. Note please, I said listen as I can not, in any state of mind, actually watch Thomas.
We had the train table along with miles of train track, all the trains for the Thomas series in addition to many other trains (dare I say 100s) and pieces, Thomas costume and Halloween bucket which was used for SEVERAL years in addition to being doubled as an Easter basket. We finally, about a year ago, moved from trains to Space.
I know very little about space. In fact, I assure you my child knows a great deal more. (I apologize to my high school astronomy teacher.) He has planets in his room and his Chief downloaded a special app for his IPad which tells you at any given time where each of the stars/constellations and planets are in relation to you. It's pretty neat.
Thankfully, that phase ended much quicker than Thomas. Again, not my area of expertise. I hate having to Google answers to my kids questions.
Well now, we have moved on to the MILITARY!
He wears his army camo every opportunity we will allow in addition to checking out several books from the library. I know a little about the army, and truly respect and appreciate those who serve, so I am enjoying this new found obsession.
Brooks showed him videos of sniper training school and other special forces testing/schools.
He still has a lot to learn, but the other day in a store everyone was protected which was exhibited by Brody was army crawling across the floor looking for anyone who might attack. He has a mean army crawl.
He has often in the past months explained to us he wants to be a Navy Seal without the going into the water part, but after further research and videos, he believes he could handle the water now.
He tells us daily he is going into the army when he is old enough, and I am proud to say, I would stand behind him 100% if that is his choice of career.
Here is a shot of the "Battle" in my living room the other day. I have to admit, he placed his men very strategically. I wouldn't want to go into battle against him!
**No toys were permanently injured in the making of this blog.
He wears his army camo every opportunity we will allow in addition to checking out several books from the library. I know a little about the army, and truly respect and appreciate those who serve, so I am enjoying this new found obsession.
Brooks showed him videos of sniper training school and other special forces testing/schools.
He still has a lot to learn, but the other day in a store everyone was protected which was exhibited by Brody was army crawling across the floor looking for anyone who might attack. He has a mean army crawl.
He has often in the past months explained to us he wants to be a Navy Seal without the going into the water part, but after further research and videos, he believes he could handle the water now.
He tells us daily he is going into the army when he is old enough, and I am proud to say, I would stand behind him 100% if that is his choice of career.
Here is a shot of the "Battle" in my living room the other day. I have to admit, he placed his men very strategically. I wouldn't want to go into battle against him!
Cream colored Army versus
Green Army
Watch out bad guys -- Here comes Brody!
Surprise attack!
**No toys were permanently injured in the making of this blog.




No comments:
Post a Comment