Friday, May 10, 2013

A Walk Down Memory Lane


One of my life long best friends is getting married on Saturday, and the last few weeks have been filled with fun activities leading up to this wonderful event. So, in the spirit of bringing friends and family together and starting a new chapter of one's life, I felt I should prepare for this weekend by a walk down memory lane. (Please watch the awesome progression of Dawn's hair.)

The Years leading up to now.

It all started in 1st Grade, when we obviously had the BEST sense of fashion!

I am looking at the camera on the left, Dawn is in the middle and Jennifer who is the photographer this weekend is on the right.

All through Elementary school we made it together.

Jennifer, Lindsey, Erin, Dawn. 

I love the hair Dawn!


Dawn is the far front left. I am in the duck/marshmallow costume. Don't judge.

We celebrated birthdays and holidays together.


And survived 1995. . . 
Dawn is on the right. I just loved the shirt in this picture. I couldn't resist.

As I am sure everyone else was, we were glad to see the early 90's go, 
Middle school was a bit more kind.









Who am I kidding, Dawn was always beautiful.


She looks like she's 25 going to the 8th grade dance. 



Although we couldn't be greater opposites, we always had the best of times.


Two peas from two completely different pods, but we belonged together.


She was the beauty queen and I was the tom-boy, but we always had two things in common:


Wranglers and Line Dancing!


Every weekend we would have her mom drive us to line dancing where we spent many, many nights dancing in our wranglers. Little known fact, I own leopard print wranglers. They were amazing. I wish I had a picture of those!

Also, you must understand the proper way to wear wranglers.
Step 1:  Place wranglers in the dryer on high heat for 30 mins.
Step 2: Go to the bathroom, this will be your last chance for hours.
Step 3: Jump around until you get them pulled all the way up.
Step 4: Ask politely for best friend's mom to get a coat hanger and assist with zipping up wranglers.
Step 5: Have two individuals assist you in standing.


Many years later we went back for a reunion.


Although we lost touch for a few years when I went away to college, we quickly found each other again, and just in time for my wedding.


I have no idea when this picture was taken. Sometime between baby #1 and baby #3, but before my face did this (see below)


Thankfully my face shrunk back and she still loved me the same through it all!


Fall of 2008, we were so cool we wore our sunglasses at night. Just call us the cool kids.


And since it was so cool to wear the same hats (see cowboy hat picture above) we did it again!


Although our lives are busy, we always find time to celebrate with one another for birthdays


and "Miss Dawn" always brings the cool presents for the kids!


2011 we decided to do what we do best in celebration of mine and Brooks's anniversary
. . .we went line dancing.


And as you can see although we have grown up physically, we can 1. Strike a mean pose. 2. Always find our way back to one another.


And now we are celebrating this new chapter for one of my favorite people!



Congratulations Dawn and Brandon! Thank you for giving me the honor of standing beside you on this amazing day in your life.











No comments:

Post a Comment