I didn't want to go to one of the parks near our house, because I knew they would all be crowded. So, I decided to try a new park and heard there was another one in the next small town over (or next zip code, however you want to look at it). So I googled parks and off we went.
Fifteen mins later we were at a new park and found a hidden gem!
When we got out of the car we quickly spotted the play ground area, open field, and one walking track. But. . there was another one to the left. The path less taken!!
To our surprise it headed into the woods!
I asked the kids (trying to be educational) what lives in the forest.
Here's the conversation which followed:
Brody with great joy and excitement: BEARS!
Me: I don't think there are bears in these woods. Addy, what do you think?
Addy: Trees.
Me: That's not an animal. Sadie, what animals live in the woods?
Sadie: Bears!
Me: Anyone know of ANY other animals which might live in the woods?
Brody: Bears and Foxes.
Addy: Snakes!
Sadie: Bears!
Me: Let's move on to plants.
We kept walking and the kids couldn't believe their ears! It was water! We heard rushing water. They began to jump with excitement! I did too! Where's the water?!?!
Oh, we found it!
And then. . .We had a long talk (I talked, they pretended to listen) about how if they got in the water they were not coming home with me.
And that's what I call parenting!
It was amazing! We had all this to ourselves.
Now on to the history!
This dam helped serve a mill back in 1752.
As Brody explained, back when everything was black and white.
Don't worry, I let him know they had color.
He still thinks everything was in black in white.
Prior to the mill being constructed, the Cherokee Indians used the land for hunting and fishing.
Did I mention this park is 90 PLUS acres!!!!!!
My heart is overjoyed!
It's in our backyard!
See you soon new found park!!
You are so much more!
Thank you for the adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment