"Are you making cookies?"
Busted.
I kindly replied, "I'm not." This was not a lie. I, myself, had not made cookies. Brooks did.
Buyers Remorse
Each of the kids received a gift card for saying verses and completing their books in Awanas this year, so we took them shopping. Addyson has been waiting with over-joyous excitement to buy shoes for weeks. So, after trying on every pair of shoes Target has in her size, she settled on a beautiful pair of sandals.In the mean time, Brooks took Brody and Sadie to pick out a toy (the shoe trying on was taking a while to say the least). Did I mention she tried on every shoe in her size. Every one. Some twice. Once Addy had her shoes we headed over to the toy section to meet up with everyone.
Sadie chose a doll and Brody a thingy that goes on his arm (Brooks and I still can't figure out what it does).
The trouble started when Addyson saw the toy section. Suddenly, facing rows of toys and pink, she wanted a toy. So, she picked out a toy as Brooks and I both explained over and over how she had wanted shoes for many weeks and she would be out of money if she bought the toy.
We walked around the store a bit more, still holding on to the shoes, just in case Addy changed her mind back. But no deal. Toy it was.
The kids played with their toys the rest of the afternoon and went to bed with them in tow.
And then there was WAILING!
Without warning the WAILING began.Did I say WAAAIIIILLLINGGGG?
I don't think that does justice. Addyson began screaming and crying to the point of hyperventilation. Think back to the post about Addyson not getting the score she wanted on vault. Now multiple by 3.
It took 15 mins to understand enough words to put together she should have bought the shoes.
Gee, I could have told her that. Oh wait I did.
Sadie yelled downstairs that Addy was being too loud. . .I agreed.
I put her in my room and hoped for the best since all other calming tactics had failed. Besides, your first episode of buyers remorse is the worst.
AN HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINS LATER!!!! She passed out from exhaustion and lack of oxygen.
and so did I.
No comments:
Post a Comment