Ouch
I came home from work one night to Brooks in the kitchen grinning and saying "Brody come show your mom." Apparently, Brody's head ran into a tailgate earlier that night. This therefore resulted in an all to familiar trip to the ER to get some glue. It wasn't too big, just deep and wouldn't stay closed to stop bleeding.I kid you not, we get put in the same room every time. And yes, we go enough to have a room which we remember visiting multiple times before -- Don't judge.
It was fun mother/son bonding. We watched a rodeo on TV. He feels he is ready to take on bulls now. . .I'm sure the ER doctor would LOVE to hear that. I suggest we master walking first.
Something to Sing About
The kids had their end of the year concert at church last week. Addy and Sadie were adorable! Sadie sang her little heart out with a huge smile on her face. She had a speaking part. . .I have no idea what she said.Addy had a solo and speaking part and we couldn't be prouder. You could tell she worked hard.
Brody was part of the waves in the ocean, pulled the horn for the ship, and had a speaking part as well. His focus on moving the waves was intense and precise. I couldn't have been prouder.
Awards Season
It's awards season with youngsters as programs and school wrap up for the summer. Our first round of awards was for Awanas. Brody lived up to his legacy once again and said an insane amount of verses. He got a special trophy this year and an award for perfect attendance (something I have never accomplished, too many doctor's visits).Addy finished her first year in Sparks and was able to complete her first book plus the extra credit book. She worked hard to get all the verses said in a short year. I love her dedication she has to accomplishing new things. I only wish I had that kind of drive. It's inspirational.
Speaking of inspirational, Sadie signed and spoke all of her verses this year allowing her to complete her last year in Cubbies. She will be moving up to the big kids group next year. What a big girl!
It's a BOY!
Two of our best friends had their BABY BOY! I tried to put him in my purse (I have a really big purse), but Brooks wont let me take him home. It's discrimination. Apparently he discriminates against all babies that are not ours living with us without their parental consent. I don't understand. He says there are laws. I say, "What laws?" "Name ONE."He loves me! I can tell. He lets me change his diaper. That's love.
| Brooks LOVES his shorts! HEHEHE! |
Colin is already bigger than any of my babies when they were 6 months old, he is a month. He will pass Addyson soon. (I'm just kidding. But I'm not.)


Look at my sweet pea! He is SO big now! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for catching me up! I've missed reading about your lives. Give your sweet babies a kiss from Aunt Kelley!
ReplyDelete