I wont even begin to think that I will be able to post for 30 consecutive days, but I will do my best to keep up. So in honor of 30 Days of Thanks, I shall begin with Day 1: Dance Party.
I am thankful for the random dance parties at my home. The moments where we spontaneously breakout in song and dance and let our dance feet go!
Sometimes I am the only one who is dancing, other times it's me and the kids, and like tonight it's the whole family showing their very impressive dance moves.
A family who dances together stays together.
I think everyone should take the time to dance with one another.
Take the time to slow dance with your spouse.
It allows you be close to them and reminds you how to move as one.
One has to lead and the other follow. Trust and let go.
It brings you both physically and emotionally together.
It can comfort a broken heart, spring laughter from deep within your soul, and humble you all at the same time.
So to the tune of giggling girls and a grossed out boy. . .
Under the light of a Halloween disco ball. . .
. . .We Danced.
Arm in arm, Brooks and I took the stage (aka our living room) tonight and danced. Sadie and Addy were very specific on how we should dance and would quickly correct us if we weren't dancing "right."
According to them you are not allowed to dance while standing on each other's feet and you have to have more than a few spins and dips.
Have no fear, everyone got a chance to dance, because again. . .dancing brings a family together.
Day 1 of Thanks: Dance Party
No comments:
Post a Comment