I am thankful I successfully passed all my college level math classes and I have the honor of helping others learn this beautiful subject which will be forever useful if you are like me and love statistics.
In my spare time, it has become a hobby of mine to tutor math. Probability and statistics to be exact. For a couple months, I helped my brother-in-law while he was getting his masters and now I have the honor of helping two lovely ladies with their probability and statistics.
I believe all math can be fun if you know how to make it practical to your life.
So in an effort to teach about probability and how it can apply to our lives and how we use it everyday I made the following example:
What is the probability of getting an orange candy corn?
Here are the answers which followed:
Blonde: 2 out of 3
Brunette: 2 out of 3!
Me: Are we color blind??
Blonde and Brunette: Huunnnhhhh?????
The correct answer for the purpose of this exercise was 2 out of 5.
I love teaching math!!!
These two are going to be so much fun!
And they said I am an adult!
No comments:
Post a Comment