I guess expecting something to go other than as planned should become the plan. The damage was much more extensive than originally thought resulting in twice the time in surgery and setting everyone else's surgery for the day behind! AHHH! Says the girl who's body hates anesthesia.
I was the first one into surgery that morning and almost the very last one to leave the recovery room (via the escape plan).
See as mentioned before
me + anesthesia = BAD combination
and the anesthesiologist felt admitting me would be the best path for me. I did not. Being sick at the hospital is the same as being sick at home. I wanted to go home. So, thanks to a fantastic nurse and a willing husband we hatched the plan to get out. I was going home. Period. Okay, so I promised to come back to the hospital if I felt I was dehydrated and could not handle things at home. I live less than 2 miles from a hospital. So we made a run for it. And Home we made it.
Poor Brooks and my poor parents, they have sat in so many waiting rooms for so many hours waiting on me. Waiting for the call that I'm out of surgery while other's who went in after me had their loved ones called. Waiting for the okay to come to recovery while they watch people check-in and check-out. Waiting. I am blessed by patient people. Blessed.
Brooks was Mr. Mom and Mr. Dad for nearly two weeks. He's still picking up the slack of my less than useful arm. God knew what he was doing when he sent me this patient, kind and understanding man.
Sadie was worried about me. This is the first surgery where she was old enough to know what was going on. She gave me her dinosaur to keep me safe as I slept on the couch
and snuggled with me on the couch during the day.
I would like to formally thank:
Patty for the cookies. They were spirit lifting and yummy.
And Remembering Brooks since I have had surgery right before his birthday for two years straight.
Adonia and BooBear for the wonderful dinner and cookies. It's nice not to have to eat fast food post surgery.
My neighbor, Debbie, for the wonderful dinner even though your week was extremely busy. Thanks for taking the time when you were already overloaded. We appreciate it. We are grateful you (and your family) are in our backyard.
Andrea and Gracie for the homemade cookies. I could taste the love. It was nice to see your face too.
Amy and Madison for dinner. . .It's shake and bake and I helped!!! You rock my world Amy!
Amy for taking the kids to work with her so I could rest, fixing hair, storing ticks, doing laundry and dishes, and being the substitute mom/wife for the week.
Jodie for helping with work so my peeps could get paid. They thank you as well.
Kristy, my new sister-in-law, who stayed with me when I thought I could stay on my own (OBVIOUSLY not) and cleaning my house and doing laundry.
Lauren, my sister-in-law married to my brother, who brought food and the news that my father was in the hospital.
My in-laws for letting my kids come run around while I rested.
My mother who helped as much as my attention seeking father would let her since he felt the need to fall off his bike (one he peddles) and break his ribs and puncture his lung the day after my surgery. Way to one up me dad! Somehow your injuries sound so much worse but you healed so much faster.
Brooks for washing my hair, pulling up my hair, cleaning the house, getting ice packs, serving dinner, transporting the kids, patience, loving me, and not wanting to divorce me over my medical debt.
Thanks to everyone else who helped during those first two weeks and beyond (Sorry, I can't remember everyone. Although I didn't take pain meds, the actual pain made me crazy and loopy.) and to those who prayed for me, my father, and the rest of my family. Thank you.
You each helped healed my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment