Monday, April 8, 2013

"Those people"

So you know when you go to Walmart and you see the family and then you look at the parents and wonder if they looked at their kids before they left their house. 

We are that family.

You are welcome for the entertainment. 

Every night we eat at 7 o'clock so we can eat as a family (this is Brooks's break from school). So, after Addy's gymnastics we all loaded in the car and headed to meet Brooks at Firehouse Subs.

It wasn't until Brooks got there that I realized how we looked. 

I was dressed in heels and a skirt from work and the rest, well, can be seen below.


You can't see it, but Brody is wearing broken flip flops and lots of dirt.

Brooks sat down at the table and asked "Where are her clothes?" Hum. Good question. 

Nice Boots. Sadie wears those boots every day. EVERY DAY. EVERY DAY. Did I say EVERY DAY? Every Day! Well it's a step up from the snow boots of the Summer of 2012. And the crocks of Winter 2013, until the new Christmas Boots which have been worn EVERY DAY since Christmas. When she finds shoes she likes. She wears them until they fall apart. EVERY DAY. My fashionista. 

Here is the original picture in color.


So if you see us out and about, just know, I let my kids dress themselves. We have bigger issues to focus on other than fashion.

They will figure out fashion one day (hopefully soon). Peer pressure seems to prevail in this department. 

So for now, as long as they are covered and have some kind of shoes on them, I am okay with it. 

For now. 

This is coming from someone who's nickname growing up was "rag-a-muffin" and thinks yoga pants are acceptable everyday. Did you know you can dress up yoga pants by wearing a pair of earrings with them? It's true. 

Apple. Meet Tree.

1 comment:

  1. You do know...if they ever start a website called "People of Firehouse Subs" you are going to be charter members, right?

    I rechecked Maslow's hierarchy of needs. The dude never mentioned clothes, much less fashionable ones. You're good.

    Love you,

    Uncle Tim

    ReplyDelete