Monday, January 28, 2013

This is for you. . (Kelley!)

I am not sure how all this works, but in an effort to communicate the fun and exciting things of our lives with those who live a few miles to oceans away. . .here I go.

Only our Addy! 


Addyson had her first gymnastics competition on Saturday. She placed 1st on vault, bars, and floor. She placed 2nd on beam and 1st All-Around. We were really proud of her!

Only our Addy could place FIRST in a competition but have to be consoled for 45 mins because she didn't get the score she wanted on vault. Vault. Please note above. She WON on vault. We could not get her calmed down and explain although she didn't like her score. . .she still won.

This is after she fell apart crying hysterically at the competition when the wrong score was displayed for her floor routine. Not her coaches, (gymnastics) big sister, memaw, mom or dad could calm her. Finally she calmed down. Then hours latter the wailing started about the vault when she was looking over her scores.

What are we going to do when she loses? 

A bridge we will cross wash away with tears one day soon. I'll let you know how that goes.

Sadie-Mae


Sadie's still sucking her thumb and getting over a tummy bug. Doesn't slow her down! 

She has also figured out how to stay home from school by playing the "I don't feel good" card. 
Game on Little One. Game on!

Brody Man


Brody is loving his dirt bike. Wish we had more space for him to ride more frequently. He does so well when he is on his bike. He is focused and concentrates better than any other time.    Hopefully we will have space for him sooner than later.



He is still rocking his verses in Awanas. The child's ability to memorize is crazy! Now that he can read, it is only increasing his retention of everything from fact to fiction (which I'm not sure he knows isn't true) to verses.


The Rest of Us


Brooks and I are surviving. He is back into school full time in addition to working. Keeps him very busy. 


We are looking at the possibility of moving back to land. It would be nice to have a bigger area where the kids can play and roam. And I want goats. And chickens. And dogs. But there is a lot we have to do in order to make that happen, including finding the amount of land we would like in a very specific area. Finishing our involuntary renovation from the Great Flood. Selling our house. In all our spare time.

We all have dreams. Here's to making them reality.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks sister! You are the best. I love keeping up with what my family is doing. We love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete